A venison roast is an excellent alternative to the traditional Sunday chicken or beef – we'd say it's even better, providing bolder more exciting flavours to the nations favourite weekend lunch!
- Preheat an oven to 200C
- Generously season the venion roast with salt, pepper, and ground juniper berries – rub all over with neutral oil
- Sear the meat over high heat in oil and butter for around five minutes to brown all over and create a crust on all sides
- Place in a roasting tin and slide into the oven for twenty minutes before reducing the heat to 140C and cooking for a further 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven, wrap in foil and allow to rest in an oven at 50C for twenty minutes
- Serve with the traditional roast accoutrements such as roast potatoes, honey roast parsnip & carrots, onion gravy, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing, and buttered greens
Back to Recipes